My 10 Favorite Things from The Grammys Last Night

by That Guy on February 13, 2012

1. The Band Perry’s bass guitarist’s lace-up-crotch pants. He looked like he was trying out for Braveheart on Ice.
  2. Jennifer Hudson trying to make herself cry during her Whitney Houston tribute but not able to do it
  3. Ryan Seacrest trying to take over hosting duties halfway through the show, announcing two consecutive segments before the producers noticed
  4. Joe Walsh’s guitar faces
  5. Maroon 5 needing a backing band of 12 session players in order to reproduce a Beach Boys song
  6. Dave Grohl’s inability to play a guitar solo
  7. Bon Iver winning best new artist even though the first album came out in 2008. That’s like giving Kevin Durant Rookie of the Year this year.
  8. Chris Brown nearly winning a Grammy for “Best Lip-Synced Performance to a Standing Ovation Just a Few Short Years After Beating Your Wife”
  9. Adele’s date wondering if he was going to get Fanked during any of Adele’s 6 Fank You speeches
  10. Justin Vernon barely being able to resist the urge to scream “YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M TRYING TO SAY! EVERYONE HERE SUCKS!” during his Fank You speech

tincanman2010 February 13, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Nice LOL list.

Not only is Bon Iver not new, but Cee-Lo Green and Bruno Mars were back for the second year in a row with the same albums!

But Bon Iver was getting a trophy, no matter what. ”One suspects if Bon Iver hadn’t won something, another category would have hastily been arranged for them.” (from my Grammy wrap http://t.co/FhqHVI4S ). ” If judges are so keen to recognize Most Earnest Album, start a new category. Bon Iver and the Mumfords could share.”

kodachrome February 13, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Fank you for putting this together. Fank you very much.

Mary February 14, 2012 at 9:27 am

That’s awesome. I can’t watch the Grammies – they are mostly unwatchable, although there seems to be one or two moments each year that I enjoy (thanks to YouTube and news clips for allowing me to see them). Perhaps I should start watching purely for the comedy factor, though.

John Hamby February 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

How about my old band (now called “Instant People”) playing behind Glen Campbell!? bad ass.

tincanman2010 February 15, 2012 at 3:45 am

That must have been a bit bittersweet @John Hamby

Mark Abdon February 15, 2012 at 3:21 pm

“Bon Iver winning best new artist even though the first album came out in 2008. That’s like giving Kevin Durant Rookie of the Year this year.”

I’d been saying the same thing to my friends, except with Matt Ryan of the Atlanta Falcons in the slot of Kevin Durant!

Good work – I literally laughed out loud and blew my ‘busily-working-at-desk’ cover.

Via Lotus February 24, 2012 at 6:39 pm

I really like your list. This is hilarious