The Black Keys vs. Big Boi

by oz on January 25, 2011

I have a soft spot for mash-ups. I haven’t decided if these are guilty pleasures or not, but I have respect for the effort that DJ’s must go through just to find cross-genre music that compliments one another. This DJ Wick-it guy nailed it in his mash-up of The Black Keys’ Brothers and Big Boi’s Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty. You can download all the tracks via zip file at Mashville.

Thanks to HearYa reader, Kevin, for tipping us off to this one.

The Brothers of Chico Dusty – You Ain’t The Last DJ

The Brothers of Chico Dusty – Backup Pistol

J January 25, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Fantastic.

Buzzman3535 January 26, 2011 at 12:21 pm

this is only cool because the black keys write good songs.

DJ mashups were cool 4 years ago, not now. Its like those fucking neon sunglasses. Give it up.

mcbutt January 26, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I found this like a week ago and have been listening to it non stop. I think this mash-up album cemented Brothers as my favorite album in ’10. good post

mcbutt January 26, 2011 at 1:31 pm

also, Buzzman why you gotta kill the buzz bro?

Mashville January 26, 2011 at 5:16 pm

Hey Buzzman, we have 4,700 likes for the album on Bandcamp. It’s also the most popular album on the entire site. How’s your album doing?

WE KILLIT

Enjoy

Buzzman3535 January 27, 2011 at 3:27 pm

My record is doing just fine, its called St.Peppers Lonley heartsclub band. I wrote it with the Co-wrote it with some guys from England. It met modest critical acclaim.

Mike B. January 27, 2011 at 8:55 pm

I definitely do not have a soft spot for mashups. In fact, I have a hard spot for mashups.

So I was really surprised to find out that these are actually awesome. Probably not as good as the Black Keys record, but they definitely gave more life & grit to the Big Boi tracks, which I was disappointed with when that album came out. Nice post.

oz January 27, 2011 at 9:52 pm

I guess I overstated when I said I have a soft spot for these. The only one I ever paid attention to was by a guy named PartyBen that mashed up Oasis, Green Day, Travis, and Eminem/Aerosmith. Found the download for that one here: http://www.mediafire.com/?tyymzvdd2nn