Help! I’m in a writing slump. Here are some HearYa updates to pass the time.

by oz on September 29, 2010

I’m in a serious slump over here, but will snap out of it shortly. Here are some things to look forward to.

We have some great sessions in the bag that include Dax Riggs, The Mynabirds, J. Roddy Walston and the Business, and a covers-only session (including a Springsteen tune) with The Deep Dark Woods. We’ll get those out as they get mixed and video-edited.

We also have sessions booked with First Aid Kit, The Moondoggies, and several others that are near-confirmed.

HearYa contributor, SafariMan, just interviewed Ryan Bingham. We’ll have that out soon.

We’re also getting words together for reviews on Pepper Rabbit, Justin Townes Earle, Black Mountain, and Beach House. What else have we missed? What music is moving you these days?

Corey September 29, 2010 at 6:37 am

I just sent a great new album by Doc Dailey and Magnolia Devil from Muscle Shoals, Alabama to hearyablog@yahoo.com. I think you guys would dig that.

aggie September 29, 2010 at 6:38 am

the new two cow garage album, sweet saint me, is incredible. i’d love to see y’all get a session with them when they’re touring this fall.

and holy cow, that list of upcoming sessions is incredible. can’t wait for all of them.

MP September 29, 2010 at 6:44 am

Hurray for Moondoggies session!

jill September 29, 2010 at 10:37 am

Been checking out Pete Molinari lately.
Scroll down and give “For Eliza” a listen.

JB September 29, 2010 at 5:24 pm

I just found The Head and the Heart on NPR Music a few weeks ago. I’d never heard of them until the NPR story, but it’s one of my favorite albums from 2010. Based on your “best of” albums of the past, I think you may agree. Now if only they’d leave the NW and come tour the SE.

oz September 29, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Thanks Corey. Must have overlooked that one. I’ll dig through our inbox.

Checking out the rest of the recs asap. Love Two Cow Garage and this Head and the Heart sounds real tasty so far.

Corey September 29, 2010 at 8:21 pm

No problem. I hope you dig Doc’s record. The subject of the email I sent today was “writing slump”.

Sam September 30, 2010 at 7:56 am

You guys HAVE to host Black Mountain or Black Angels, or hell, even together at the same time. Both of their albums are out this month I believe.

That would be so awesome. Shoot me an e-mail if you guys ever feature them.

jason mitchell October 1, 2010 at 4:17 am

currently listening to a gem of a songwriter from Denton, TX . . . Doug Burr’s latest offering O Ye Devastator is beautiful and his live performances supported by another Denton gem, Glen Farris are nothing less than captivating.