Dawn Landes, Live Session #66

by oz on February 25, 2010

Dawn Landes

Dawn Landes was requested by a HearYa reader named Tom when we posted a track that featured her with Justin Townes Earle. A few email exchanges later and the session was booked. Customer service. That’s what we’re all about at HearYa World Headquarters. Smiles come free.

Dawn was raised in the music stomping grounds of Branson, Missouri and Louisville, Kentucky and is now a resident of New York City. Her career began as an intern in a few studios working with the likes of Phillip Glass, Ryan Adams, Hem, Joseph Arthur, The Earlies and Josh Ritter (whom she later married). Her sound crosses between country, rock and roll, pop and blues with a sweet voice that offsets the occasional dark lyrical themes.

Dawn Landes has a fresh album called Sweetheart Rodeo out now. Pick it up if you dig the sesh.

Exclusive: Dawn Landes – Intro Song

Exclusive: Dawn Landes – Young Girl

Exclusive: Dawn Landes – Bodyguard

Exclusive: Dawn Landes – Money In The Bank

Video: Dawn Landes – Bodyguard

Video: Dawn Landes – Young Girl

Dawn Landes – “Young Girl” – HearYa Live Session 2/9/10 from HearYa.com on Vimeo.

Todd February 25, 2010 at 9:09 am

Thrilled you guys got this while she was in town playing Beat Kitchen. A small crowd, but a great show. Excellent session, Oz.

kate ball February 25, 2010 at 11:10 am

I’ve never heard this band before (which means nothing, I live in a pop-culture closet), but I really like their tone. Especially the lead singer’s guitar and voice. Way to be :)

Mike Callahan February 25, 2010 at 7:32 pm

If im not mistaken i seen her on Craig Ferguson and was instantly a fan. I love the style of their music and depth of the message within the lyrics. I wish they would do a show in the St. Louis area!

Woody February 25, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Nice work . I am not overly familiar with her work but this sounds great.

Shirk February 26, 2010 at 6:20 am

Hey Woody, you should stop by a HearYa session sometime. I bet you’d love it!

brj 7" February 26, 2010 at 10:46 am

In love with her…

oz February 26, 2010 at 11:29 am

And she seems to be in love with Beer Nuts brand snacks.

James... April 6, 2010 at 8:07 am

i’d like to say,i love Dawn Landes.
her music is fresh and new.she put’s me in mind of my favorite
all time male singer.Neil Young…
and i ‘ve followed her since her begining.
bar far the best female singer out there.

Misti Lutes May 4, 2010 at 10:06 pm

Hi Dawn! My name is Misti Lutes, I’m you fathers hair stylist He told me your an Artist. Wow, I just listened to you on you tube!! I love your tone!! I am a lover of music myself! Your album will be the next CD I purchase!! I also posted a few of your songs on facebook for my friends to hear!! My five year old daughter has also taken a liking to your music. She loved your video twilight so much, that she got out her guitar and preformed her own song!! Too cute, I’ll have to show your father!! lol
Just wanted to say thank you for the enlightening sounds of your voice!! Keep us posted on your next album!! LOVE IT!!
Thanks again!!
Misti

Cory July 3, 2012 at 9:21 am

Just recently stumbled upon this site and I think the collection of artists is, in a word, incredible! Dawn Landes in particular. She sounds like the love child of Chan Marshall and Leslie Feist. Anyway, wondering why her session does not have a download link? My playlist is left wanting!