HearYa Hiatus: I’m moving to Atlanta

by oz on November 12, 2009

map

My life tour continues tomorrow as I drive 2,500 miles from the Bay area to Atlanta with a full ipod, a big dog and a twelve pack of beer. That little map shows the trek I’ve taken so far in my first 30ish years.

I’ll try to post some random mp3’s along my journey if I have Internet access, but you may see an extended period of inactivity since I’m the guy that hits the “Publish” button on these posts.

Follow on Twitter for updates from the road.

DBT Chicago November 12, 2009 at 11:29 pm

as an atlanta native who spent his first 28 years in and around the city, welcome. although i live in chicago, my folks and bro, who lived in san fran for five years before moving back to atlanta in march, i maintain a strong connection to the south.
i’m sure i’m not the only hearya fan who wonders why you are moving cross country, but i wish you the best. atlanta definitely needs more cool voices to spread the good word. bonus for you: closer access to DBT shows.
let me know where you land in atlanta because i visit my family at least once a year and am planning a trip in march for my bro’s wedding.
safe travels.

DBT Chicago November 12, 2009 at 11:35 pm

part 2: you should document and then post your road trip mix. we all would be curious which tunes helped you navigate this adventure.

Ryno November 13, 2009 at 5:34 am

Good luck with the move. With the time zone change, does that mean we will get our daily fix of HearYa 3 hours earlier?

oz November 13, 2009 at 8:15 am

When I’m not listening to audiobooks and threatening my Goldendoodle, I’ll have the ipod on shuffle. I’ll definitely try to post the mix that fuels the trip.

The day job is relocating me to ATL (Kennesaw/Marietta). It will be nice to have a yard.

Shirk November 13, 2009 at 8:38 am

No road trip is complete without a rendition of “Running on Empty”. I think you might have access to a certain Henry Clay People version over here: http://www.hearya.com/2009/09/29/the-henry-clay-people-drop-a-slew-of-new-tracks-live-session-56/

I’d say it fits nicely in that mid to late morning stretch before you stop for lunch. I think sunshine is essential and maybe the dog sticking his/her head out the window with drool drenching the car. Yeah…that completes the picture for me.

Safe travels, Oz. Looking forward to hearing about your new town.

BTW: Lissie was in yesterday for a session and she was really great. True Talent!

JB November 13, 2009 at 8:41 am

Don’t get too wild when you are in Memphis. We like to party.

Vanessa November 13, 2009 at 4:15 pm

WOW. That’s quite a slingshot across the states. when do you vacate Cali? Sounds like soon. Guess it’s better to be relocated than dis-located.
ahh–every road trip of mine always has me belting out along with Son Volt’s Windfall šŸ™‚
good luck and enjoy the journey!

Pete November 16, 2009 at 8:43 am

HearYa, I am a recent avid fan of the site and an Atlanta native! I look forward to hearing more about your move and, potentially, bumping into each other at shows. I have reviewed a couple of your favorite acts on my blog too, as they have come through town. Make an Atlanta contact when you arrive!

Dave December 3, 2009 at 2:39 am

Hey welcome to Atlanta! Email me with info on any appearances! We want to cover you on our Atlanta area entertainment related online magazine TheRealAtlanta.com