Chicago Show: The Deep Dark Woods @ The Hideout on Tuesday!

by oz on July 10, 2009

DDW show

Okay Chicago readers. I know this show is on a Tuesday (7/14), but I’m going guarantee satisfaction. It’s only a $5 donation to get in the door, The Hideout serves booze and The Deep Dark Woods go great with booze. Their album, Winter Hours, is still my favorite of 2009 and after having a few beers with them at SxSW, they became favorite people of mine as well.

If you have the time, tell your friends and make your way out to support some Canadian alt-country gentlemen. Just watching Burke Barlow play the guitar is worth the donated price of admission.

If you do happen to miss it, we’ll have a session for you in the weeks following.

The Deep Dark Woods – All The Money I Had Is Gone

The Deep Dark Woods – The Gallows (sample)

The Deep Dark Woods – Nancy (sample)

Video: The Deep Dark Woods – Hang Me, Oh Hang Me

Woody July 10, 2009 at 9:27 am

Jefe and I are going on a man-date to this show. I hope they play something romantic for us.

Vanessa July 10, 2009 at 9:32 am

I’m there!
Hopefully they won’t be playing in the bar area where Devil in a Woodpile typically plays on Tuesdays…if they still do : P
Can’t wait! And then the next night is Deer Tick & Dawes-WOOTWOOT

Vanessa July 10, 2009 at 9:44 am

Just saw that you guys will be posting a session with them. SWEET.

Nothing but quality here..

ps. Woody–i hope you won’t get mad if i ask your date for a dance

DBT Chicago July 10, 2009 at 12:35 pm

rumor has it devil in a woodpile broke up a few months back. they definitely do play the hideout on tuesdays anymore. the hideout’s been alternating bands every tuesday.

DBT Chicago July 10, 2009 at 12:36 pm

excuse me: they definitely do not play the hideout anymore.

Vanessa July 10, 2009 at 12:52 pm

Thanks for the info, DBT.
That’s most unfortunate…those guys were always a great pleasure to hear, and eased my return to this city years back..
By the way, are you a fan of the Thin Man? He’s been out of commission for a bit.. Hoping i see his name around soon.

Woody July 10, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Absolutely. I plan on slow-dancing with Drinking Buddy if he’s there.

oz July 10, 2009 at 1:23 pm

Does anyone know a photographer that will be there and would share some pics with us to post after the show? Woody’s concert pics are always blurry and horrible – like he’s squeezing the camera between his butt cheeks or something.

DBT Chicago July 10, 2009 at 1:32 pm

i do like the thin man, but i don’t know the band’s status. although drummer mike mcgrath, who i’m friendly with, recently left the band to join new church of ease. i will see them saturday at a local pig roast.

Vanessa July 10, 2009 at 5:38 pm

Oh man-that sounds like fun!
Can you find out the status on the Thin Man? 🙂 Just thought i’d ask and totally don’t expect you too…but would LOVE it if you did…but whatev..it’s cool.
If you’re going to be at Deep Dark Woods–would be fun to meet you… that goes for you too Woody!
Oz–that was hysterical. I needed a laugh after this day considering i’m STILL at work..but outtie now. Oh, I have a digital camera that’s perty nice-would you like me to snap some pics w my fingers and not cheeks?
TGImofoF

Patrick July 15, 2009 at 9:23 pm

I forgot all about this show and stopped into the Hideout for a quick pint after movie in the park…Sunset Blvd….excellent movie…but I digress…the show was awesome! I wish they had a bigger crowd but they sounded great. I will definitely be seeing them again.

Woody July 17, 2009 at 9:38 am

Yes, yes it was.

Vanessa July 17, 2009 at 1:54 pm

HELLZ yeah.
Deep Dark Woods put on a fantastic show Tues night at the Hideout. They killed it live. Seeing a DDW show is a MUST if you enjoy their recordings — CD is more of a 2D experience while a live DDW show adds another dimension…ups the ante. More energy.
Chicago was pretty lucky to randomly get these guys.
I’m spreading the news about this band to my friends west, south, north and east.