Blind Pilot killed a performance on Last Call w/ Carson Daly [SXSW 2009]

by oz on February 12, 2009

We’ve got Blind Pilot stopping by the studio for a live session the day before our trip to Austin for SXSW. I saw this video of their performance of “One Red Thread” on Carson Daly’s show and I can’t remember when I’ve been this excited about a session. It was ranked as one of our best albums of 2008, but their songs keep rising to the top of my playlists and 3 Rounds and a Sound is an album I’ve grown to love.

I’ll be finding them at SXSW and will situate myself front and center for the set.

Previously posted track:

Blind Pilot – Oviedo

Video: Blind Pilot – One Red Thread (Live on Last Call)

Meg February 12, 2009 at 11:07 pm

Thanks for this post! Be sure to post about any free shows Blind Pilot is doing at SXSW. They are one of the bands I’m looking forward to most, and I certainly can’t afford a wristband. I know they’re playing at Emo’s so far, and I’ll definitely be front and center at that one. Looking forward to the live session!

oz February 13, 2009 at 8:07 am

Meg, their publicists promised us the blind pilot sxsw schedule shortly, so I’ll be sure to post it. We never get badges either, so we’ll be posting all of the parties that are open to the public (highlighting the one’s serving free beer). Make sure to keep an eye out.

Woody February 13, 2009 at 8:31 am

Sweet Jesus!!! I am excited to see them at Schubas. They are my creeper band of 2008. Much like Port O’Brien in ’07, my initial thought of 3 Rounds and A Sound was that it was decent, but not spectacular. Now, I can barely go a day without listening to them.

oz February 13, 2009 at 9:48 am

I didn’t know they were rocking pedal steel, upright bass, violin and banjo at the shows. They had me at pedal steel.

viachicago February 13, 2009 at 5:11 pm

I completely agree with this post. these guys were on my radar in ’08, but the entire album still dominates my playlists…it gets better with each listen.—something I did not expect after my first listen.

Starkey February 14, 2009 at 1:01 pm

These guys are in my regular rotation right now and I can’t wait for the studio session and Schubas that evening. Love the Carson clip, particularly the Jonas Bros fan club clapping along in the front row.